Let’s start off with a question: do you consider yourself an extrovert or introvert? Either way, read on, because today we’ll be looking at sales tips for both extroverts and introverts.
First, if you consider yourself an extrovert, here are five things to consider:
1. Talk less, listen more. Pretty self-explanatory.
2. Get organized. As opposed to having sticky notes or random pieces of paper scattered throughout your desk, office, or car, use a system where you can input all that data, such as a CRM. Get someone to help you set this up if necessary.
3. Pay attention to the details, because they can be pretty important when you’re trying to sell.
4. Move on to your next prospect. I know you’re best friends with everyone, but the reality is that sometimes you have to work on time management, and you can’t spend too much time with any one prospect.
5. Don’t worry about losing a friend if they say “no.” You absolutely have to ask for the next step, and you must overcome the fear that you might be offending someone you’ve built a relationship with.
That’s it for extroverts. Now, here are five things to consider for introverts:
1. Don’t spend too much time on your CRM or database researching clients and overanalyzing things. Sometimes it’s far more important to just go and take action.
2. Fake it till you make it. Be confident even if you don’t have all your ducks in a row. Maybe you’ll only feel completely comfortable when you know every little detail about the entire situation. Listen, sometimes that’s not possible. Just take action and fake it a little bit till you make it. Don’t lie, ever, but have some confidence.
3. Avoid analysis paralysis in all parts of the sales cycle.
4. It’s okay to ask a few personal questions when you’re selling. Get to know your prospects on a deeper level, because people prefer to buy from those they like.
5. Don’t worry about being pushy when asking for the business. I’m sure you can do it in a way that’s not pushy.
So these are five specific things to think about for both introverts and extroverts. Learn to overcome your challenges, have fun, and take action today.