Do you sometimes wonder, “What do I say when I have to tell people about my business?” Or, “What is a good audio advertisement to give if I have to stand up in front of a group of people who ask me about my business?”
Or, maybe you want to learn a process for creating marketing materials. Specifically, how you can quickly and efficiently educate people on what you do, in a way that makes it more likely for prospects to reach out and inquire about your business.
I’m going to take you through a five-step process that is absolutely incredible for crafting audio/video advertisements and marketing materials in general. You’ll end up with an excellent script that you can use to educate people about your company. Here’s how it breaks down:
1. Client – Who is the ideal client for your business? What are the characteristics of that ideal client? Geographically, where do you expect to find that client? What’s their socioeconomic situation? Be detailed in terms of who your ideal client is.
2. Challenge – What is the challenge or the problem that they face? What keeps them up at night? What happens in their world if you can solve the challenge or problem that they have?
3. Results – If they have this challenge or problem they need help with, what is the result if they work with you? What can you do to help?
4. Proof – You can say that you’ll get results for your prospect, but what is something outside of you that proves you are who you say you are and that you’ll provide what you say you’ll provide in the way that you say you’ll provide it?
5. Action – What is the call to action? What is the next step that needs to take place in order for them to benefit from your product or service?
Let me just give you an example of how all this can play out. This is from the top of my head, so don’t hold me accountable for all the details. But I’ll give you a general idea of how this works.
Pretend you’re a plumber, someone who has a plumbing organization. First of all, you’d want to state the name of your company and follow up with a short intro, such as, “We’re ABC Plumbing Company, and we work specifically with residential homes within these 5 zip codes, where the annual income per household is between $100k and $500k, and each family typically has 3 kids.” This is intentionally overboard, but do remember to be very specific with the type of client you’re going after.
Next up is challenge: “Water leaks sometimes occur in these homes that can cause major damage to the structural integrity and become very costly to fix. Not to mention it’s often hard to find someone in the plumbing industry who will call you back in a timely manner.” So there are two challenges.
Continuing on, what are the results that you want to share? “We deliver same-day service, and we’re very experienced with the type of leaks you’re prone to having. We also have professionals who answer the phone to schedule appointments and answer any questions, so when you call you’ll get a live person you can actually talk to. If you catch us during a busy time and leave a message, we’ll get back to you within a couple of hours.”
That’s some pretty good results. However, who knows what you’re saying is true? Where’s the proof? Well, you could say, “Look at our reviews online, on Google and Yelp. We have 5-star reviews, and customers are saying awesome things about us. They’re thrilled with the results they get and the timeliness with which we deliver.”
Finally, what’s the action? “Give us a call today and receive our complimentary, 20-point home inspection. It’ll proactively prevent those notorious leaks that have happened in your neighborhood. So give us a call today to take advantage of this special offer.”
So we’ve walked through client, challenge, result, proof, and action. Obviously you’ll want to practice your message so that it flows a bit better. This is very powerful. You can use the same process for all your marketing materials, and you’ll find that prospects are far more likely to reach out to you about your product or service. Go out and take action on this, and have a better than amazing day.
We have four main coaching programs to choose from, all of which are customized to fit your specific needs as an executive, business owner, entrepreneur, or sales manager. These programs are designed to satisfy the needs of all of our clients and deliver a customized coaching experience that is tailored to your individual needs..
The Entre Results Coaching Team is full of talented and experienced coaches waiting to talk to you about your business goals!
If you're ready to get started and meet your goals - lets chat and pair you up with the right coach to meet your needs!