Today we’ll be discussing growing your income through appreciation marketing. Now, the first thing that we need to do is start off with the right mindset. In a way, we have to forget about the income bit and focus a hundred percent on the appreciation part of the equation. Because even if your income doesn’t end up increasing, you should still choose to enjoy the moment and be truly grateful for the different people in your life. With that in mind, here are the steps to follow:
1. Thank every single client you currently have. If you have a huge client base, you might consider breaking it down into tiers since it would be all but impossible to thank them all individually. You can send a mass email to the majority of them while going with a more personal approach for your top clients.
2. Thank all of your referral sources. You may need to sort these into tiers as well if you’ve built a large number of strategic alliances over the years.
3. Thank other people in your network who may have helped you grow, learn, or just brightened your day when you interacted with them. And be sincere about it!
4. Thank all the people that you’ve referred business to in the past. Perhaps they’ve done a great job taking care of your referrals. Be appreciative for a job well done.
5. This is more general, but think of ten things that you’re thankful for in life. Say them out loud and write them down. By the way, they don’t have to be business-related or anything like that.
6. Thank all the people in your life who have helped you get to where you are. These might include friends, relatives, old business partners, etc. Go to them and just say, “Listen, I know it’s been five years, but I wanted to thank you for everything you helped me out with in the past.”
7. Thank all your past Reach out to them and thank them for giving you a chance and allowing you to serve them.
8. Thank people that you don’t even necessarily know but who were still helpful to you. Maybe they’re authors, or maybe you’ve heard them speak. Perhaps they’re social activists, political leaders, or philanthropists you admire. Reach out to them and let them know how appreciative you are for their wisdom.
9. Track all the different people you thank per month. Your goal should be to thank even more people every month. So keep a solid record and aim for an increase month after month.
Listen, I encourage you to try me on this. There’s no guarantee that your income is going to increase, but it most likely will as long as you stay consistent with this method. Besides, it’ll be an awesome and joyful experience for you to be appreciative and offering thanks. So go out, take action, and have a better than amazing day.