Today we’re going to look at why you need another team leader in your business. This is useful information for everyone, but it’s especially vital for companies with around 2-20 employees. I have recently talked to a number of business owners in this category. They reach a point in their business where they get stuck because they don’t have another leader on their team.
So, why would you need another leader on your Business team?
There are 3 major reasons to find another leader in your team:
- You need someone to help execute the vision you have for your organization and carry out your ideas.
- You need someone with the ability to coach, train, and lead other people on the team. Because if you’re doing all this solo, you’ll run out of time sooner or later.
- Maybe you don’t need a second leader for the entire organization, but you could still benefit from finding someone who can lead a specific division or department within your company.
What makes a good leader?
One important thing to think about is what skillsets you’ll need to develop in order to find the right person for this leadership role.
- The willingness to let go and empower someone else. A lot of people started their businesses from scratch. They’ve done everything themselves. They get to a point where they need to let go but they don’t want to. But, in order for the business to grow, you have to be able to give up control.
- You need a way to find that team leader and to attract him/her to your company. If the ideal candidate is someone who’s already in your organization, do you have a way to properly train them and help develop their leadership skills?
- Even if you are willing to let go, even if you find the right person, how do you lead a leader? The way you lead a leader is different from the way you lead everyone else. So are you receiving coaching and training yourself to be able to do so? Are you reading books on how to lead other leaders?
Those are some key points to think about. If your business is growing fast and you have too much on your plate, I encourage you to take action today and find another leader for your team. It’ll really help get you to the next level.
Is it something that you’re considering? We’d love to hear what you have to say right here!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download